- CDW Insurance: Collision Damage Waiver (CDW): Limits the renter’s responsibility for car damage to € 600 for the groups A, B, Au1, to € 750 for the groups C, D, E, and Au2 and to € 900 for the groups F, H, J. This insurance does not cover damages on the bottom part of car (underbody), the wheels, tires, hubcaps, antenna, the mirrors and the interior. (Valid credit card preauthorization required)
- THIRD PARTY Insurance: Third party insurance covers:
- Death and injury of third party up to 1.220.000€,
- Material damages to third parties up to 1.220.000€. – excluding the car of Sunspots Rent a Car.
- Fire and Theft waiver: Minimizes liability for car theft at € 600 for the groups A, B, Au1, to € 750 for the groups C, D, E, and Au2 and to € 900 for the groups F, H, J.
- Mileage: 150km/day, 1 €/km charge is valid, when driving more than 150 km daily
- Delivery / Collection – free of charge at Corfu Port/Airport, stations and city hotels (within office hours 08:00 – 22:00)
- All local taxes and VAT
- Corfu map
- FDW Insurance Full: Damage Waiver (FDW): Zero or limited liability amount for car damage. Liability amount is reduced to 150€ for the groups A, B, AA, to 250€ for the groups C,CA, D and to 350€ for the groups F7,F9,G4,S. FDW insurance does not cover damages on the bottom part of car, the wheels, hubcaps and tires. FDW insurance has an extra cost per day.
- € 8 /day for groups A, B, AA
- € 10/day for groups C, CA, and D
- € 15/day for groups F7, F9, G4, S
- Personal Accident Insurance (PAI): Covers the driver up to the sum of 15.000€ for death, total or partial disability and 1.000€ for hospital expenses. This insurance has an extra cost per day.
- extra € 4.50 per day.
- Baby-seats and child-seats available on request- extra € 4.00 per day
- Additional driver
In a car rental only the driver is covered by all above insurances. If other drivers are going to drive the rented vehicle they must be declared in the lease contract at the start of the rental period. Required documents are identity card or passport and a valid driving license. The additional driver service is charged per day.
- extra € 4.00 per day
- Night delivery & collection (22:00 – 07:00hrs)
- extra € 25.00 per service
- Long distance deliveries/collections (at points other than those declared)
- Available on request – extra € 20 per service
The driver must have a valid driving licence issued at least one year ago. INTERNATIONAL (if not a citizen of EU).
DRIVER’ S AGE
Minimum 23 / Maximum 70 years old for all groups, except from F and H which require that the minimum age is 25 years old. We do not have supplement for young drivers.
In case of an accident or fine from vehicular infringement, there exists an additional charge of € 30 incl. VAT for administrative expenses that will be covered by the driver and will in no case be returned.
Fuel is measured in 8ths. All cars they should be returned with the same quantity of fuel in the tank as on delivery. If the car is returned with less fuel, there is a charge of 12€ for refuel service plus the cost of the missing fuel. Fuel left in the tank is not refundable.
TRAVELING OUTSIDE OF CORFU ISLAND
STRICTLY FORBIDDEN, no insurance is valid outside the island (Corfu, Greece).
NO INSURANCE COVERAGE IS VALID
- when transporting the vehicle outside the island (Corfu, Greece) by ferry
- if the driver is under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- for damages caused by driving on unpaved roads
- for damage on the bottom part, wheels, hubcaps, tires, mirrors, antenna, glass and interior
- for loss of personal belongings
- for accidents caused by a driver not declared in the lease contract
- for loss or damage of the vehicle key
- for loss or destruction of GPS device, child seats, snow chains or other additional equipment
The cost of damage or loss of the car is paid even if the tenant is insured by a credit card or other insurance company. In this case, the tenant is obliged to pay the entire vehicle repair or replacement costs and then ask for a refund from the credit card or another insurance provider.
IN CASE OF ACCIDENT THE TENANT IS OBLIGED REGARDLESS OF FAULT, TO COMPLETE AN ACCIDENT FORM, ACCORDING TO ARTICLE K70 OF THE GREEK LAW.
CAR RENTAL GUARANTEE
In order to rent a car a credit card is always required (Visa, Master Card), even if the payment will be in cash. Sunspots Rent a Car will Pre-Authorize the responsibility amount until the end of the rental period.
The agreements are governed by Greek Law. Any dispute that may arise from these agreements is under the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Corfu, which shall apply the Greek law. The contracting parties state that all the aforementioned are fully comprehensible and accepted by them and this agreement is signed in four copies, one of which will be submitted to the competent Tax Office.